RILA is pleased to announce a new award category this year and we’re currently seeking nominations for the very first Outstanding Library Paraprofessional. Paraprofessionals are integral to library operations and deserve credit for their important roles in our libraries. The annual RILA awards process provides the opportunity for special recognition of the accomplishments, service, and commitment of our colleagues and associates. The RILA Executive Board encourages nominations of committed and deserving support staff for this new award.
Nominations are due by April 1, 2016.
Criteria for Outstanding Library Paraprofessional Award
This purpose of this award is to recognize a library staff member in a non-degreed support position who has made a significant contribution to the library work environment and/or libraries in Rhode Island. The nominee must demonstrate excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Excels in his/her area of expertise and delivers exemplary service across operations at all levels;
- Promotes the development and recognition of the paraprofessional as an important and vital member of the library workforce;
- Plans and implements innovative and effective library programming or services;
- Increases public knowledge and understanding of library resources, needs, and uses;
- Develops relationships and fosters collaboration between all staff/departments;
- Serves the profession through local or regional committees and organizations.
Awards will be presented at the Annual Conference in May 2016. The RILA Executive Board will determine award recipients based on letters of recommendation.
Please send nomination letters to:
Jenifer Bond, Associate Director
1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917
Please share this call for nominations at your libraries. Thank you!