SLRI Awards - School Librarian of the Year
The School Librarian of the Year award recognizes an SLRI member who successfully fills the roles of teacher, instructional partner, leader, information specialist, and program administrator while building relationships with students and colleagues. Special consideration will be paid to accomplishments achieved in the past two years.
2020 Nominations are Closed
- Who is eligible for this award? Any current SLRI member in good standing (current SLRI Executive Board members--officers, immediate past president, standing committee chairs, members-at-large--are not eligible for this award)
- Who may nominate for this award? Any current SLRI member in good standing may make one nomination per school year
- When will the award be announced? At the RILA Annual Conference
- What form does the award take? Esteemed recognition on behalf of SLRI, a customized token of appreciation, an invitation to the annual Waterfire honoring Teachers of the Year across the state, and a set of state awards books (RICBA / RIMSBA / RITBA) appropriate to the grade levels taught.
Email questions about this award or about the nomination process to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SLOY” in the subject line.
- The application must show that the nominee teaches students relevant skills, builds relationships with students and colleagues, has achieved specific goals and accomplishments, and continues to grow through professional development.
- Nominations were due by midnight on April 26, 2020.
- At least 3 readers will review each application using the attached rubric.
- Descriptions of the winning entry may be posted to the SLRI website
- Incomplete or late entries will be disqualified
- The purpose of this award is to recognize excellence as defined by the criteria and rubric posted above; SLRI reserves the right to withhold the award if submissions do not meet these requirements
- Please note that award eligibility, application, selection, and submission criteria may be changed at the discretion of the SLRI Awards Chair and/or the SLRI Executive Board.
- 2020 - Stephanie Mills, Park View Middle School, Cranston, RI
- 2019 - Melanie Roy, Hampton Meadows Elementary School, Barrington, RI